Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I am the bread of life

We stood on the doorstep.

I observed the lines of worry, shadows below her eyes.


At first, she put on a strong front, as we listened, and continued, her demeanor softened

and she explained to us her struggles.


Less hours at work.

Struggling to keep food on the table.

Last week she didn't have any


None for her, or her children.

My heart went out to this woman, for her strength to survive for her children.

I did not have much, that could fill her just then.

But we invited her, to listen to words words that will fill her forever.


And help her find the nourishment for her burdened soul

My purpose as a missionary is not to talk, but guide, invite, 

People need to be fought for.

People need sustenance.

We can offer that daily.

As we seek for opportunities to serve.

Hearts are filled, and strengthened,

including our own.

 "For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

John 6:33-35


No comments:

Post a Comment