Friday, September 20, 2013

Things not seen

Hebrews 11:1 - Now afaith is the bsubstance of things choped for, the devidence of 
things not seen.

“Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith” (Ether 12:6).

Over a year ago, we taught an amazing man about Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, He was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, and thrown in jail, I thought I would never see Him again, I was able to write Him a few postcards while He was incarcerated. but we eventually lost contact. I hoped and prayed that I would be able to see Him again, and that He would be able to find peace in His life.


I found out the other day that He's meeting with the missionaries and will be baptized at the end of this month. I am so excited for Him! As He continues His journey forward.

Here's my question for Him.

Why did he still keep believing, even when his world seemed to end?

When we have faith, we hope for things which are not seen but are true.

We then act on this belief.

Faith is a motivating power, that goes beyond wishful thinking.

Faith is an anchor to our souls, when life the storms of life range.

I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

One woman, who suffered with anorexia, found healing and strength through music and through God, Watch her story here

We can overcome our trials, and build faith, it takes time, it has to be built.

I cannot see the future, I don't know what's ahead, but  I can have faith in God, to that He lives, He is invested in our lives. And as we invest in Him, by our actions. He's going to help us. I testify you are His child. I know He loves you, and there is a plan for you leading to greater happiness.

The decision is yours though. I can type all day until I develop carpal tunnel, and knock on doors until my knuckles bleed, but it's not going to do anything for me unless the individual has a desire to believe.

And so I ask of each of you reading right now.

Even if you have a flicker of a flame to believe in something greater than yourself, and seek for peace in this incontinent world, it's time to ask, it's time to hope. We can hold on to what we know, but as we begin to see the bigger picture of life, we find there's something greater out there.

I have found it.

I desire for you to find it as well.

"When faith is properly understood and used, it has dramatically far-reaching effects. Such faith can transform an individual’s life from maudlin, common everyday activities to a symphony of joy and happiness." -Richard G. Scott (Who is He anyways? Click here)


It will be a different experience for you. It's different for everyone. But I have a surety that there's a power beyond my own strength. It fills me in empty moments, and enlightens my understanding when I'm confused. It's a resource of constant strength and effort.

It is first, faith in Jesus Christ.


Watch a video here, about His life and His teachings (Here) It makes me want to cry every time I watch it. And trust me, as missionaries we see this video all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment