Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Way Back Home

I didn't know Him.
But I sat at His funeral.
Something pushed us forward, to go in there, and so we did.
There were empty seats in the back of the gymnasium, that was opened for extra seating, so we reverently made our way and sat down for the remainder of the program.
Elder Wiberg's obituary here




Questions flooded through my head. They have for this past week or so:

What is our purpose as missionaries?
What did He die for?
What if that was me up there, in the casket?
What can I say that I've done?

Recently I was asked:
Are you going through your mission? Or is your mission going through you?

I feel that can be applied to all of us.

Are you going through life? Or is life going through you?

Life is constantly changing. Things will never stay the same. I'm not the same person I was yesterday, and neither are you.

As I've read the words of a sacred book,
I've found an incredible source of hope, that gives me the strength to battle my challenges.

It has been an anchor, that's helped me understand myself, and be okay with myself.
Through the fast pace of life, I've found consistency in being who I am

We all need to find security in life,
we're here to find our way back home, to God to be with our families forever.

There is a unseen force that has brought peace into my heart.

The words written in the Book of Mormon are inspired true,

It is another witness of Jesus Christ and His divinity as the Son of God,
who died for each of us,

I invite you to read them.

Let me answer your questions or concerns.

Here is one of my favorite verses from the Book of Mormon:

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.


No comments:

Post a Comment