Monday, August 26, 2013

Adjustment

One year ago, I lived at the bottom of this mountain.


I stayed there for over seven months of my mission, when I first arrived to 
North Ogden it was a time of major adjustment, 

I was a new missionary, I did not know a lot and I was completely unsure of myself.

Month after month, I expected to be whisked away and taken somewhere else, 
and then it ended up being the longest area of my mission. 

I walked through snippets of cut summer grass, crunched across fall leaves, and waded through the snow. I found out a lot about everyone, I was familiar with the main roads, and the shortcuts. People's histories and heritages, some shared their secrets. 

Many of my neighbors were not members of the church, I learned to love them and befriend them even if they were not interested in my invitation to learn about Jesus Christ.

I thought I was destined to serve there for the remainder of my mission.
And before I knew it, it was all over.

God taught me something by keeping me there.

There were people, who's lives I was able to help change.

I changed.

Now, literally looking back on that time period of my life, I am thankful for those experiences that occurred there.

This past week has been full of adjustments, new sights, sounds, people, companion, a new home.

It has hit me lately, that this is the only time in my life, to share full time what I love. To share a message that has brought happiness into my life, it has blessed my family, and it has saved me. It helps me focus on the things that are really important in life. 

More and more, each passing day it has become less of a burden, and more of a labor of love.

There are people out there that have worse problems than me.

As I forget my needs, and doubts, and concerns, and focus on the needs of others, I find joy.

Joy that comes in following Jesus Christ.

I witnessed four people enter into the waters of baptism this weekend, there was an incredible feeling in the room as each baptism was performed.

They left behind the pains and mistakes from the past,

and started a new life.

It was a beautiful and an emotional experience.

My heart is filled, with purpose, to invite as many people as we can closer to Jesus Christ. I know there are people waiting to hear this message and apply it to their lives.

And now it's time to get to work...


What is baptism? And why is it so important? (Here)

Watch a video when Jesus Christ was baptized (Here)

Ever had a question about Mormonism? (Go here)

No comments:

Post a Comment